Eating Apples while traveling aka Apples in Plastic Wrap

A lot of hotels, motels offer free breakfasts to entice travelers to stay with them.  It is convenient to just come out of your room and head to the breakfast area for food first thing in the morning.  You don't have to get in your car and hunt a place to eat, or pack food for breakfast.

Lately, I've had to travel a few places.  I do partake in the free breakfast.  Usually I'll have grits, maybe yogurt or a muffin and fruit.  I like to eat bananas for breakfast!  But I will grab an apple, too.  I keep wondering, though, why they are always wrapped in plastic?  This isn't plastic from a store, it's like the wrap you use on a dish you are covering, i.e. plastic wrap. 

Maybe they are wrapped because they've been washed and then put in a bowl for people to serve themselves?  Makes it more sanitary?  To me, it also seems to preserve the flavor.  Maybe I'm just imagining it. 

But I've had more apples on the go and because I have to unwrap them from the plastic wrap, they seem to taste better!

Comments

Popular Posts