Refrigerated red apples = yum!

I had eaten at a fast food type of restaurant last weekend and one of my sides was a red apple.  I never ate it while in the restaurant so I took it home with me along with a bag of chips! 

For some reason, I tossed the apple in the refrigerator.  It wasn't already cold or anything, I just put it in there with something else and forgot about it.

This morning I was in a rush for breakfast and didn't have time to eat so I saw the apple in the fridge and grabbed it along with a banana.  I ate the banana first and then later on I had the apple. 

How good it tasted being just a little bit cold!  Normally, I don't like things to be cold especially the fruits and veggies I eat (celery, grape tomatoes, grapes, carrots, cucumbers).  I like them to be room temperature. 

The difference in the taste, though, for this apple was out of this world ... at least for me.  I ate every last bit of it, except the core!  Now I know maybe I need smaller read apples left in the fridge for a few days to make me want to fulfill my goal of eating more apples!  Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts