Apples and Celery oh my!

I have rediscovered celery!  I used to eat it all the time.  I read somewhere how good it's supposed to be for you, so I thought I would give it a try again.

When I used to eat it, I added lots of salt.  I've had it before with peanut butter, and pimento cheese.  Sometimes, I've had it with hummus.  Lately, I've tried it with spinach dip.  I'm sure it would be good with most any dip.

Dips, though, aren't usually too good for you.  Would that erase the benefits of eating celery?

I try to eat it always plain.  It's very filling.  Maybe because it's water based.  Many water based foods: cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe remind me of celery.

I do like mixing it with apples.  Apples sliced, mixed with celery tastes pretty good together.  It's like a sweet bite mixed with one that's not so sweet.

Both are crunchy!  Maybe it burns calories to chew so much?  I don't know. 

Anyway, I will keep pestering friends with my snapchats of eating celery.  I'm so glad I rediscovered it.  And yes, I'm finding it much easier to eat every day than apples.  Sorry, apples!

Comments

Popular Posts