Pink Lady Apples, High Pollen Warnings, and Frying Avocodos

I've been eating Pink Lady apples.  They are really good.  Not too sweet!

Did you know eating apples is supposed to help with all sorts of things, like allergies?

In the pollen stricken south, it's a necessity for those of us that suffer from seasonal allergies.  The pollen count here is at an all time high.  The high pollen alerts go off all day long.

High pollen warning!

As if you can do much about it, except well not breath!  But that won't work!

I've also taken to frying, yes frying, avocados!  Slice them up, put them in a pan in olive oil.  Sprinkle on some Possum (ha, ha not real {Possum, it's a local flavoring made by my cousin - another post, I'm sure - but it's kinda of like a mixture of salt and pepper and other spices) and some ginger and ia all cooks up and tastes delicious! 

Probably helps if you like avocados.  I prefer them this way over guacamole which often is too spicy for me and tastes well mushy and then when you have to eat it with dozens of tortillas chips it kind of defeats the purpose of eating healthy.

Want another apple pic?  Here you go!

Comments

Popular Posts