Eat apples, they are healthier!

So I've been trying to eat better and start exercising more!  I have a fit bit so I usually get in steps, but that's not enough.  Swimming is good for cardiovascular and I do some of that -- getting ready to do more as summer approaches and the outdoor pool will be open.  I realized that my diet, even with eating apples, has not been that good.  Even though I don't add or use salt, never touch a salt shaker, there is so much hidden salt in foods!  I really like chips - even lightly salted ones have much sodium. Say goodbye to some of my favorites like crackers!  Soft drinks are full of sodium - not to mention caffeine and sugar!

My conclusion - apples really are a better way to go!  But since apples are not my favorite thing, kind of like carrots, I make myself eat them because they are good for me, I have turned to eating better overall.  I'm having Tempeh quite a bit.  Mushrooms which I love, asparagus, strawberries, potatoes (limited due to being high in carbs), strawberries, bananas, corn, cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers, etc.  It's a fresh veg smorgasbord in my refrigerator!  And I'm getting the rest of the family on board with it with not too many grumblings.

Conclusion - eat more veggies, cut out soft drinks, cut out processed foods and added sodium, eat fresh foods, and of course eat apples, they are healthier!

Comments

Popular Posts